click to have a glimpse of my journey so far

Theater Experience

I got the opportunity to join a Hindi theater group named "Rangakarmee" in 1992 and spent eight years under the guidance of Smt. Usha Ganguli, a Sangeet Natak Akademy award recipient. 
I soon became the full time repertory member of the group and started receiving monthly salary grant scholarship from Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India. I got the opportunity to learn a lot in workshops and classes conducted by Smt. Usha Ganguli and other eminent theater personalities of India. 
I worked there as an actor, a writer as well as a back stage worker. I acted and participated in more than 500 shows of different plays in both proscenium and street theater forms and have traveled almost every region of India. I also went to Bangladesh twice to perform with the troupe. 
I conducted few workshops and classes with small kids of orphanages and schools. Few of the well acclaimed plays in which I had performed were Mahabhoj (written bu Mannu Bhandari), Holi (written by Mahesh Elkunchwar), Lok-katha (written by Ratnakar Matkari), Rudali (based on a story by Mahashweta Devi), Court Martial (a play by Swadesh Deepak), Khoj (written by Usha Ganguli), Himmat mai (based on Brecht's Mother courage and her children), and Matka, Beti Aayee, Maiyyat, Tamasha dar tamasha etc. 
After leaving "Rangakarmee" in 2000, I started working as a freelancer and since then I have written and acted in a few awareness drive plays for some NGOs and other organizations. These plays were based on different awareness issues like malaria, AIDS, education, sanitation, women's rights, Right to Information etc. 




                                  ***********************

To go to "My Work", click here
 

No comments: